U.S. Fixed Wireless Access Forecast, 2021-2026: The more things change...
The fixed wireless access (FWA) market has been the unremarked provider of broadband Internet service to millions of Americans for decades. It is only recently with the advent of 5G, mmWave and the entrance of the big three (AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon) that the FWA market has drawn renewed attention. Nothing has fundamentally changed with either the technology or the market.
This market study provides a five-year forecast for the number of households in the U.S. with FWA service, as well as a five-year forecast for the expected FWA-based revenues.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the traditional fixed wireless access market?
- What is millimeter wave and how will it be used? Why is millimeter wave important?
- What is mid-band spectrum and how will it be used?
- What are the pros and cons to deploying mmWave? What are the challenges?
- How are the major CSPs using fixed wireless?
- How big is the traditional fixed wireless access market? How many households use that service?
- What are the revenues expected from the traditional fixed wireless access market through 2026?
Who Should Read
- Systems integrators and wireless network integrators
- CBRS solutions vendors
- Mobile operators
- Infrastructure OEMs
- Financial analysts and investors.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Overview of FWA in the U.S.
- Basic FWA Considerations
- Benefits of FWA
- Cons of FWA
- Federal Incentives
- Rural Digital Opportunity Fund (RDOF)
- Broadband Equity Access and Deployment BEAD
- Unlicensed FWA and satellite means “unserved”
- But unlicensed FWA is reliable
- iGR’s opinion
- Who’s Doing What: FWA
- Charter Communications
- CenturyLink (Lumen Technologies)
- Etheric Networks
- Frontier Communications
- King Street Wireless
- LTD Broadband
- Nextlink Internet
- Redzone Wireless
- Resound Networks
- Rise Broadband
- Other WISPs
- Forecast Methodology and Assumptions
- Basic Assumption
- Factors that Hinder Deployment
- Factors that Facilitate Deployment
- Population Changes
- FWA HH Forecast
- FWA Revenues Forecast
- About iGR
List of Tables
- Table A: U.S. Household Adoption Forecast, FWA, 2021-2026
- Table 1: FWA U.S. Household Adoption, 2021-2026
- Table 2: Estimated U.S. FWA-based Yearly Revenue, billions of USD, 2021-2026
- Definitions Table
List of Charts and Figures
- Figure A: U.S. Household Adoption Forecast, FWA, 2021-2026
- Figure 1: Starry Fixed Wireless Internet Solution
- Figure 2: FWA U.S. Household Adoption, 2021-2026
- Figure 3: Estimated U.S. FWA-based Yearly Revenue, billions of USD, 2021-2026
For additional information on the U.S. FWA Forecast, 2021-2026 market study, please contact Iain Gillott, at (512) 796-1675 or by email.
More than 460 research reports, papers and webinars published since 2002. See More